Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Masterpiece of the Week

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

☆ Masterpiece of the Week


So the other week I was doing a little browsing and found this fantastic online site called Not on the High Street which has all kinds of fantastic and unique home and gift items. After looking through the site for ages and my mind buzzing with possibilities and ideas, I came across this:


I have spent ages thinking of a clever idea for displaying the kids art work, with out the hassle of removing it from a frame, or buying a cork board and covering it with fabric, or just blue tacking them to the walls, so I was impressed that such a simple idea could work perfectly for us.

A couple of days later I was in the shed and I found an old piece of board, painted it, painted some lettering, twisted some wire, bought a large peg, painted and decorated it, drilled a couple of holes and voila!! - our very own way to show case the Masterpiece of the Week 






The whole project cost me $2.99 for the peg - everything else was from around the house. And despite a small incident with Bean and some super glue (damn those inquisitive two year olds!) a very easy project!

I love little project like these, and I have filled many of them away over the years for later, when I have my own place, when I am settled, when I have kids .... I guess later is now isn't it?

xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...