Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Octobers Sketchbook Challenge

Sunday, October 31, 2010

☆ Octobers Sketchbook Challenge

Another challenge completed - tick! 


This one was much harder than I could have ever thought, and I have to say the first half of the month seemed to take forever to get through - but I persevered and the second half of the month seemed to fly by.


So what did I learn from this months challenge?


I learned..



..that their dummies didn't necessarily make it easier..



..that I had really, really bad days when nothing made sense..


..that it was easier to draw them asleep..


 

..that G was often in the same reclined state when I drew him..




..that Bug often looked scared or surprised..






..that my family are full of character and fun..




                 
..that they were much more interesting to look and easier to draw at when they weren't happy..
(no children were harmed in the making of this sketch challenge! ; ) )


..that I am proud that I accomplished this challenge no matter how difficult,
that noses are much much harder that you would think..
that i actually enjoyed this challenge at the end..
that noses don't translate to paper - unless you begin with them..
that I'm going to keep persisting with portraits..
and that I think Novembers Challenge will be portraits again..


What challenges do you have for November?


xx







2 comments :

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment - you are an inspiration :)

    Now you have such a wonderful visual diary to remember this time. I can't wait to see more portraits from you!

    I think your journal spread for Tam's class is fabulous too!

    I'm embarking on a challenge for the month of November (tomorrow - yikes!) 30 paintings in 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your portraits the human is the hardest thing to draw. The more you draw the better you will get.

    My challenge for November is making the first steps into selling my art work EEK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...