Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Art, Heart and Healing - Week 2

Thursday, November 4, 2010

☆ Art, Heart and Healing - Week 2

I managed to finish my two projects for the Art, Heart and Healing course before taking off for the weekend - Yah!

Here's what I posted on the forum:

I don't have many photos of myself as a child at my home, they are all stored at my mum's and I thought I would need to go raid them (which I need to do anyway!), but synchronistically my aunty gave me three photos she had taken of me as a child so I instinctively choose the one of me in a bath
Which in hindsight I feel is symbolic of my innocence and vulnerability, both of which I felt strongly when I was completing this piece (and again as I post it here ;)!)


It took me a while to think of an idea for the second page, I was very blessed as a child and had a very happy childhood but when I was a teenager I was friends with a group of girls who would take turns in hating each other for a day each week (this was of course led by just one girl whom we never hated!) It was all so dramatic, confusing, vicious and painful as only it can be to twelve year olds.


Close up of my whimsy girls:




Have a great weekend


♥x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...