Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Life Book [week 12]

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

☆ Life Book [week 12]

The concept of this weeks lesson was to create a place to gather our supportive emails, comments and other 'Warm and Fuzzies'


'Warm and Fuzzies' was a thing we used to do a school camps. We'd decorate a brown paper bag and hang it on a wall, and then we'd go around and anonymously write something nice about every one on the camp, and put it into their bag. 

Twenty years later I still have mine and they still make my heart flutter. 


The fabulous and amazingly talented Wyanne  was our teacher this week, but despite her inspiring videos, and amazing lesson, I found it really hard to immerse myself into this project.

It's hard to put into words but I am dissatisfied by my finished product, which is shite because I really enjoyed the concept behind the lesson, as well as the message, and the amazing array of techniques Wyanne shared with us was just awesome.

 
So thank you Wyanne for your words of wisdom, and for sharing your amazing talent with us.

I think this may be a lesson that I would benefit from doing again, once I am in a better frame of mind, once I have let it sit for a wee while.




P.S Don't forget to enter April's GIVEAWAYClick here to enter 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for all your kind words. I'm sorry you are not loving your project. That happens to all of us. The techniques can be a little overwhelming, and hard to control. You just have to play with them and practice. I think your piece is really lovely. And I really love your lettering on your affirmations. Great job. I also love your memory of the paper bags from camp. I remember those! I had totally forgotten about them until now. I didn't even think about them when I created the project. How cool is that! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. It is real and I love the story from your childhood. Your finished piece looks amazing to me. I love the tree of life and the wonderful water colored leaves with the variegated colors. The sentiment behind this is very special as we all want to be loved and have people think the best of us. I think your envelope is gorgeous!

    Xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...