Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Secret [illustration friday]

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

☆ Secret [illustration friday]


When I was a teenager, I was the keeper of secrets, and I had one friend in particular, who would share with me her deepest secrets. Her secrets were not the typical teenage 'I have a crush on johnny' secrets, hers were horrific, heart wrenching, soul destroying secrets.

At sixteen I didn't know. I didn't know how to do anything but listen and be supportive, but I also didn't know how to let her secrets go so they weren't killing me. 

Perhaps if I had know that art could be my outlet, that exercise would relieve the burden, that hugs from little girls would lift your heart, I might have processed her secrets better, maybe I might have been a better friend. 

But now I have a secret, a big one, one I can't share just yet, but one I am excited and nervous about. And now that the house of sickness is on the mend (finally) I can look forward to getting back in the studio again!

Hope your having a great week





1 comment :

  1. She does look burdened. my first thought of secrtes was also the festering ...not nice kind. i don't really like secrets. nice illo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...