Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Artist Spotlight - Clare Lloyd

Monday, April 8, 2013

☆ Artist Spotlight - Clare Lloyd


Todays artist in the spotlight is Clare Lloyd from Miscanthus CraftsHer story is so inspirational + I adore Clare's art whether it be her beautiful cards or her gorgeous big eyed girls.  I was the very lucky recipient of Clare's tag in our recent Easter Tag swap - this is a little about her + her process creating the tag I received.



My name is Clare Lloyd and I am a part time primary school teacher from the countryside in the UK

I have always loved crafting but my real journey with crafting began when I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 32, I’m one of the lucky ones however and 5 years on I have the all clear. 

Crafting got me through some very dark days; it became my safe haven and relaxation time. My crafting style has changed greatly over the years but in the past 12 months I have found art journaling which allows me to become really creative. 



I have had the chance to rediscover the love of art and skills that I first learned at art college/university many years ago which seemed to have disappeared with the pressures of full time teaching. 

But now I have a better work/life balance and I would say I am a mixed media crafter, who loves stamping and is constantly on a creative journey which is just as it should be! You can find me and my art work at miscanthuscrafts.blogspot.com or pinterest.



For my tag I used a gelli printed background which was created using 3 stencils and 3 acrylic paint colours.

Then came my ever favourite stamping, I added some shimmer using an embossing pen and perfect pearls mica powder.

My Easter bunny girl was hand drawn and coloured using firstly with Copic pens, then shading was added using Caran d'ache pencil crayons. I like to draw over my image using a black fineline Pitt pen.


 How lucky was I to receive this gorgeous tag in the post! Pop over to her blog for more beautiful art.

I would love to make this a regular feature on Monday's so if you are interested in being featured + sharing your art + story please check out this page here

2 comments :

  1. So pleased you liked the tag and thanks so much for featuring me on your blog. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...