Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Getting My Shit Together [Friday Art]

Friday, June 14, 2013

☆ Getting My Shit Together [Friday Art]


For the last week or so Mr Mac has been on holidays + even though the girls + I have our usual commitments, when he is on holidays, it makes me feel like we are all on holidays. 

Which is lovely - but it does mean that our very routine lives are interrupted + it also means that I feel slightly out of control.

Never in the last six months, has my word of the year 'Release', meant so much as it did this past four weeks. I have had to release many things, due to unusual commitments, due to my back injury, due to holidays. 

While I feel like I have released; it is really freaking scary + I am feeling totally out of control in some areas of my life [as if you popped in Monday you would have read!] . So this week I felt a little like I have been scrambling to hold on with my finger tips with all my might. 

I am not sure which way I need to be heading at the moment - should I let go or should I hold on just a little bit? How do I get my shit together?

While I am figuring it out, at least I have my creativity + I can let go of all the crap in my head for a few hours when I am painting.

This weeks painting is 'Girl in Pink'

Girl in Pink with Stripy Stockings
'Girl in Pink'

I hope you have a fabulous weekend! If you feel like sharing suggestions for letting go of the turmoil + control I would love to know!

By the way - did you know that this months give away is open for entries? It is totally free + so easy to enter. Why not pop over + see whats for grabs this month?? [You only have til Thursday to enter]






10 comments :

  1. I love your technique. You paint very lovely ladies. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely girl!
    The composition is brilliant the way she fits into the picture plane!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I was thrilled to see last week's illustration gracing the cover for this week's PPF-congrats!! Girl in pink is yet another stunner. Sometimes you can't just simply "let go" at the drop of a hat. Sometimes you need to let it go "through" you without resistance in order for the releasing of it to begin. Just go with the flow and keep on taking some time to paint :) Does this make any sense? Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, pensive girl! Love your style! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the PPf cover... very cool and I have to say I am very taken with the tonal work in the legs on this one... great paint work

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful!!!!! Letting go is something I struggle with too. But I think I learn to do it! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girl is gorgeous and again emotes your feelings. As for letting go, if it happens to be your life lesson it may just keep presenting itself until you figure out how to cope. I think if you try and live in the flow life is so much easier... I was forced to let go...You can't do and be all to everyone...not possible...relinquish things to others and ask for help...don't figure this out when you're old....Be as organized as you can, but live more in the moment....if you can!! Good luck doll!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful and I love her expression and clothes!!!!

    I read Giggles answer to your question and I think it is such good advise.

    Prioritise.... don't try to be Wonder Woman.... spend less time on the stuff that doesn't matter and more time on the stuff that does would be my advice :)

    Hope you have a good week!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting Kirstin, love it. Keep painting please this is very special work. Thanks for visiting my creativity blog.
    Nice Sunday and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...