Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Letting in the Light [Lifebook 2013]

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

☆ Letting in the Light [Lifebook 2013]



I haven't had the chance to do a lifebook lesson lately, I have been side tracked by mermaid parties + life, and by other paintings that have been shouting at me to paint.

So I finally made it back into the Lifebook lessons catalogue and decided to do Joann Loftus's lesson.

It is a really simple, but totally cool technique that mimics a stained glass window + is very effective.

I totally love looking at this page - I am struck every time but the contrast between the black of the page + the bright light of the 'window'

On the window you can almost make out the quote I used, which is such an inspiring one for me.

It says ~

"Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel ~ stride down their and light the bloody thing yourself." Sara Henderson.

Imagine if it was that simple! Imagine if you had the courage to let in the light - to light the damn light yourself? 

Huh.... I have just had a minor epiphany.

In writing this post I have totally just inspired myself to take action this week. I am not going to sit in the dark - I am going to take control of some of the elements that I feel are really out of control in my life this week

I am going to light the DAMNED light myself.

I will let you know how I go...

And if you feel inspired to take action this week with me, I would love to know where or what it is you are going to shine a light on!




By the way - did you know that this months give away is open for entries? It is totally free + so easy to enter. Why not pop over + see whats for grabs this month??



3 comments :

  1. I absolutely love that stained glass effect. Although I couldn't find the bit on the link that explains how it's done. I like your quote as well-it reminds me of one I saw on a poster once 'don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work!!! The stained glass is beautiful and her eyes stunning!!! Let's all light our lights. Maybe that will bring light to the whole world!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful effect that stained glass is, wow! Of course your sweet girl is so pretty as well. Hope you're able to take control of the things you want to most! I cringe to even turn the light on in my craft room (I'm sure that's a big hint for me), I should really start taking control there. :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...