Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Contemplation [friday art]

Friday, July 5, 2013

☆ Contemplation [friday art]

I had grand plans this week.

Grand plans.

I was going to get stuck into some life book classes, paint a few canvases, and follow up on a few commissions.

Grand plans.

But as with all things in my life at the moment, the minute I create a plan, life interrupts me + I scramble to catch up.

This week it was the kids turn to be sick. Bean with a fever, Bug with a snotty nose + Wee Beastie with teeth that just wont come through!

So although I didn't manage create much in the studio this week, I did manage to paint this for Friday Art.

Contemplation
I am not sure if she is finished yet... the back ground is so much more subtle in person, but maybe it needs something? What do you think?

I hope you all have a great weekend, but before you head off -

Have you seen this months AWESOME give away? I am super excited about this one!!
Have you seen the new 'Under the Sea' TAG SWAP? I would love it if you joined us!!




[LINKING TO PAINT PARTY FRIDAY]

17 comments :

  1. Lovely painting!
    Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off your link on ppf is not working.... you may have to re enter it!! Sorry your kids are sick but your lady this week looks exactly how I used to feel when my child was sick. I still have a photo of me when my daughter was sick 26 years ago...so sad!! You always capture your feelings in your characters.... glad you are able to get it out on paper! Love her hair and socks...gorgeous, vulnerable and sad!! Hope the kids feel better soon!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved her braid...beautiful stockings and a wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such another sweet creation from your palette. Have a great weekend ツ

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful. I love the striped socks and the plait in her hair. Hope your crew are better soon! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's stunning! I love her wings.

    I wish you did more smiling faces. You paint so beautifully but many of your girls look so sad. Just my 2 cents...

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks a bit forlorn but she's hanging on, and she's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing about kids is that they always get sick when you make plans... I swear Phantom used to gaze at my day planner and decide when to run a fever... used to drive me nuts... amazed you still managed such a wonderful painting... and I don't think it needs a thing...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Kirstin. I think your sad looking girl is very pretty. Also, your background is gorgeous. I hope the next week will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, leave that background alone- it is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!!!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, she doesn't need anything more, she's beautiful just as she is! Looking a bit sad that all her plans have been put on the backburner for now .....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I just wanted to mention that yesterday I lost my original blog!!! so I have set up a new one where all is explained:

    www.annatstudiohyde.blogspot.com

    hope you will follow:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is lovely, Kirstin. Her melancholy expression...her braid...her stunning blue eyes playing off the orange in the background. Just perfect. I hope the kids are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear your family has all been sick. You still managed to create another stunning and ethereal beauty though. She doesn't need anything else - she's perfect just as she is. Just to let you know, if you don't already, the link on Paint Party Friday says the page you are looking for does not exist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...