Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Bean Turns Five ['Round Here Lately]

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

☆ Bean Turns Five ['Round Here Lately]

 Miss Bean is Five.

FIVE.

Holy Smokes.

Where has the last five years gone. Was I asleep?

So my big girl is five, will start school next year + wants to be an painting teacher when she grows up.

And now she is five, her Barbies have come home from their lengthy holidays.

{some of you asked for this story so here it is...}

Since Bean was able to say the word barbie, she started hounding Mr Mac + I for her own barbie.

And while I don't have major issues with barbie dolls, although I do feel there are better toys out there for girls, I just didn't feel they were appropriate for a two + a half year old.

Plus I just couldn't be assed changing the cloths 100 times a day, putting on the shoes that keep falling off + rescuing them from a well intentioned hair cut.

So Mr Mac + I decided that when she was five she could have a barbie, but while I managed to stop the barbie onslaught from relatives + friends, a few slipped through.

Mean Mama that I am, I promptly sent them off on holidays, and they would come home when she was five.

So the night before her birthday I raced up to my mums, raided my old barbie stuff, found my sisters pink corvette + put them outside the front door, in the car with a suitcase.

When she came down stairs, I asked her to see who had been knocking at the door, it was really irritating me - this tapping, but I thought it was for her.

Her face - priceless! It made all the questions about when Barbies we coming home worth it.

So my beautiful Bean is now a 'big girl' - complete with her big girl attitude (and big girl tanties that go with it!)

+ I can't wait to see where the next five years take us!

Love Ya Jelly Bean!




4 comments :

  1. she is super cute and what fabulous cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your dear girl!!!! Loved the barbies myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday :)

    Your daughter looks beautiful as does that cake!!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priceless... and wonderful way to put the Barbies off- "on vacation." Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...