Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ The Eyes Have it! [LifeBook 2013]

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

☆ The Eyes Have it! [LifeBook 2013]

Have you ever looked at your eyes in detail? I mean beyond putting on the daily swipe of mascara? Thought about how you'd paint it? How one side might droop a little? How many shades of colour makes up your iris? How many more lines are there now your closing in on the big 40?

This weeks lesson had Kelly Hoernig leads us in creating a beautiful eye based on our very own eyes. Which of course lead to me studying my own eyes in minute detail.

We used collage techniques for the iris colour, as well as adding acrylics and I think it created a really nice dimension to the eye itself.


Have you looked into your eyes lately? What would you see if you spent just five minutes at the mirror? I would love it if you shared with us!

BTW - Check out this months give away here - it'll take 2 seconds (or close to it) to enter!

3 comments :

  1. Wow! I have always been fascinated by eyes. I don't think people generally realize how many different colors there are in their eyes. The depth, the slices of color. You did a marvelous job with this! I can't stop looking at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is beautiful and so stunning.

    This is going to be my next Life Book Lesson to attempt!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think that eyes are so interesting to draw, but would be wary of looking at my own... I was born with a weak eye muscle and it wanders a bit. Something that's honestly always bothered me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...