Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Bean + Me + LifeBook 13 [Creating with Kids]

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

☆ Bean + Me + LifeBook 13 [Creating with Kids]



In three weeks Bean is about to begin her next big life challenge - going to primary school. And Bug, well now she is a big three year old, has started going to preschool two days a week. Which means on Monday Bean, Beastie + I were at a bit of a loose end.

my inkblot butterfly you may have seen before here
Having three kids is amazing, challenging, rolling around the floor funny, and noisy. So freaking noisy!

I was a little lost + slightly surprised at how much quieter it is when Bean or Bug are away.

I was also amazed at how much Bean + Bug must communicate with each other, because on Monday Bean was all like, 'mama this' or 'mama that', or just 'mama', (just because apparently!), mama, mama, mama!

Holy Crap.

So I asked her what she wanted to do on this Monday as it was a bit of special time together + I wanted to do something fun with her.

All she wanted to do was do an art lesson with Mama. [I love this kid!]

I hadn't really planned anything, but I also knew I had some serious catch up to do on Life Book, so I set Bean up next to me in my studio, got her some paper, and we did the Ink Blot Butterfly with Kelly Hoernig

I loved it. Bean loved it. We both came out of the session feeling amazing + so high. I felt we had connected in a way we haven't for a while now, and all she can talk about is how much she loved that lesson + wants to do more like that. (I am totally up for that!)

Beans Ink blot butterfly page.
I love how much she enjoyed it. How very she was ok with not having a page exactly like the video, or even like mine.

She took the core lesson from the video and turned it into something uniquely hers.

And isn't that one of the core values of art? I thought that she would learn something in this lesson, but instead I was the one who was reminded of my core artistic values.

☆ To be original
☆ To be true to my vision + process
☆ To love it (Love the process + the construction I mean - I don't necessarily love everything I create
                       + I don't feel I have to.)
☆ To have Fun.

A big freaking tick to this lesson.

Do you create with your kids? Do you have any lessons you'd like to share? What are your most important values creating or other wise? I would love it if you share with us your stories below.

By the way, I have installed a new commenting system which I am hoping will make it easier to respond to your fabulous comments. I would love it if you said hi, but if you have any problems please let me know!  

post signature
 photo newslettersignature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...