Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Colour Theory + Warm Up to Lifebook [lifebook 2014]

Monday, February 3, 2014

☆ Colour Theory + Warm Up to Lifebook [lifebook 2014]


I finally started the Life Book 2014 journey. The line up of teachers for this years classes are amazing + I can't to do some of the lessons.

I hope this year, that I won't fall behind too much, last year I was behind from the very beginning, because our wee Beastie was born early January, and lets face it Super Mom - I am not even close!

So as I finished off last years classes, I was thinking about what kind of paper I wanted to use for my course work.

Year one, I used loose hot pressed water colour paper, which was great, but I realised I am never going to bind it together. 

Year two I used a Dylusions Art Journal, and I enjoyed using it for the most part, but really wet work was difficult + didn't dry easily.

This year I am trying out the Strathmore Mixed Media Journal and I am hoping that even though the pages are lighter weight than I wanted, it will take most of what I throw on it.


I will let you know….

So less one, week one, was a lot of colour theory, which was a great refresher + had huge amounts of information, and then we created this page. A typical layered page with scribbles, water colour crayons, + acrylic paint I think it turned out really nice + I really love the blue spots made with bubble wrap.


A really great way to start the years lessons off. I can't wait to start the second part of week one, our art angel. 

Have a great week.

post signature

 photo newslettersignature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...