Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ When a break is as good as a holiday

Monday, September 1, 2014

☆ When a break is as good as a holiday

You all know I have been working furiously this last couple of weeks to prepare for the markets on the weekend.

After the last markets I wanted a whole new design for my stall. Something that drew people in, that allowed them to move around my stall freely.

And during the stress of painting products, begging Mr Mac to design some panels for me, redesigning the layout, one afternoon, I was fantasising about what I would do after the markets. 

And this is what I came up with....


I planned to take two weeks off after the markets to read a book, paint my sun goddess, sleep in my sunny spot couch, organise the next few months, create the website I've been wanting to create since January.

I am not sure if I will get to all these, but I am definitely going to take some time to relax + enjoy my sunny spot on the couch before the blazing heat of summer descends.

And we had such fun at the markets...


And Mr Mac did an amazing on my panels. I love how they felt like a gallery + showed off my paintings at their best.


I adored meeting all the people who popped in to say hello. I loved talking to everyone. And telling the stories that inspired my paintings.

But I think I need the week to re-evaluate + do things that have needed to be done for a very long time.

So I will see you all next week. And I will be spending some valuable time sitting on the sunny spot on my sofa!!!


post signature

 photo newslettersignature.png

2 comments :

  1. Hi Kirstin! I LOVE what Mr. Mac did. I've been needing a good folding wooden something to hang my art on when I start doing shows. Your booth is beautiful. I love the openness of your area and also how the lattice type panels show and encourage people around you to want to come in. Hope you did great at this show, Your art is amazing and I am sure there are many others who would agree! Great job and thanks for sharing. Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rasz - I was totally impressed with how easy + functional it was (and that he managed to do it for me!) It has taken me a few tries to get the right format, but I was really happy with how this one worked. I just need to organise the table a little more - it got a wee bit messy by the end!! Thanks for popping in x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...